Girls Can Build
Historically, girls have strayed from many of the STEM fields of study and career options. Now, is the time for change! With STEM fields growing faster than any other industry, the gap can be filled with creative and passionate girls. Getting girls excited about these topics at a young age is the answer, and Girls Can Build is the key to change. By using easy-to-use building materials in addition to collaborative activities, Girls Can Build encourages girls to explore, experiment, communicate and problem-solve together.
The Girls Can Build product line comes with 6 one hour segments designed for the primary level grades K-2, as well as 6 one hour segments designed for the secondary level grades 3-5. Each activity of the series uses interest-based learning to develop an understanding of the wide variety of STEM topics. Girls explore urban planning, structural design, physics, math, and storytelling which enables them to gain critical thinking and logical reasoning skills. Envision the possibilities for change with Girls Can Build.
- K-2 Instructor and Student Materials - 6 activities designed to fill one hour segments
- 3-5 Instructor and Student Materials- 6 activities designed to fill one hour segments
- Nearly 10,000 durable and brightly colored building pieces for engineering activities
- Brightly colored and long-lasting Gratnell storage containers for easy clean up and storage
- Set of Charade Cards that girls will love - See a Sample!
- Stimulating art supplies
- Useful Instructor background information
- Tips for collaboration and discussion
- Lesson extensions provide diversification of activities as necessary
Questions about the Girls Can Build? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!